At LPandM we offer two lease extension services. If you would like to discuss either of these options further, please select the contact us link at the bottom of this page.
1. Leasehold Properties under our management (Properties for which we currently collect Ground Rents)
We are instructed by our Clients (your landlords/freeholders), to carry out the lease extension surveys on their behalf. Below is a brief summary of the process you will need to go through to obtain an extension to your existing lease:-
• Our Surveyor will need to attend the property to carry out a survey and inspection for lease extension purposes on behalf of our Clients. Although the survey and report will belong to our clients, under the current legislation you will be liable for the fees for having this carried out. (Please note that this is not the same as a valuation for marketing purposes).
• Once our Surveyor has provided his report and calculations to our Clients and we have received their instructions, we will be in a position to provide you with the premium offer for lease extension.
• When an agreement has been reached for the lease extension premium you will need to appoint a solicitor, please note that you will also be responsible for our clients’ solicitor’s fees.
2. Leasehold Properties that are not currently in our portfolio
If you are a leaseholder who would like to obtain a valuation and report in order to negotiate a Lease Extension with your landlord/freeholder, we would be happy to quote to carry this out for you.
Our Surveyor, Howard Mecklenburgh MRICS will attend at your property to carry out the lease extension survey and provide you with a report and calculations along with guidance on the offer to put forward to your freeholder.
Please contact us for details of our fees for this service: 01923 255888 or feel free to use our Contact Us form.